Monday, February 18, 2008

Times

Through the power of the internet, Bob and I found 25 celebrity marathoners and their respective times. In so doing, two things are made abundantly clear: Lance Armstrong is a god and I must beat Oprah. I say the first because Armstrong ran an incredible 2:46:42 and I look at beating 4 hours as a distant dream. Secondly, Oprah's running ability in 1994 was nothing to snear at and she happens to be the celebrity with the time closest to my goal. Does that mean if I break 4:29 I will have "beat" the most powerful woman in the world? Absolutely.
Unfortunately, 90s hip-hop sensation Salt N' Pepa have not run a marathon to my knowledge. However, earlier this year they came to south Louisiana to work and support the parish. You can support the parish, too, (and my dreams of beating Mike Huckabee-- 4:39:04) by checking out the following websites and donating any time and/or money that you can:
Donate
www.stbernardproject.org

Thank you for all your support!

Kathleen

No comments: