Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I, too, am getting a little nervous about the approaching race. Still, I have a lot of support to make it worth it. My cousin Adam called me yesterday to wish me good luck, and the rest of my family keeps sending me words of encouragement/ looks of disbelief whenever I mention the marathon. Worries aside, I'm getting very excited about next Sunday.
A little bit about the St. Bernard Project-- It was started by Zack Rosenburg and Liz McCartney in March 2006 after they had visited the parish and felt a connection to the people there. As Zack has said many times, "We realized that these were people who had done everything 'right,' owned their house, paid their taxes, had a job, and still they lost everything and the government had left them behind." Jenn and I became involved with the project that fall semester when we met Liz at another site in the parish and thought her project sounded like a good idea. For all the work that they do and the inspiring examples they continue to be, I count myself blessed to be able to know Zack and Liz.
Loyola University Community Action Program (LUCAP), an organization in which all three of us are involved, has a rebuilding project that works with St. Bernard Project called Shrockin'.
Check out this amazing photo of Jenn
shrockin' it out!


No comments: