Friday, February 15, 2008

So here we are...

Well, I know that it's strange that my first post comes just over a week away from the race but...you know how that is. I'm doing the half, and although it means I've done no where near the miles that Kathleen and Bob have done, it's still been tough training for it. I think Bob had it right, it's not exactly the physical nature of running...but sometimes it's more finding the three hours (well--in my case more like 1.5-2) of free time to go out and do something wholly unrelated to school, extracirriculars, etc.

I think if anything the training has made me decided to make the running a permanent part of my life. Small runs during the week with long runs on the weekend. I only hope that lack of a specific race to run in doesn't sway me from keeping that habit. Unfortunately, it's not always possible to get out there and run those miles--this past week for example, I was in Washington, D.C. and haven't done an ounce of running since I did 8.5 miles on Friday before I left. I hope it doesn't set me back too much...

I'm still excited/anxious for the marathon, nonetheless.

No comments: