Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pre-Marathon Worries

As the big day approaches, I'm getting slightly more and more nervous every day. It certainly isn't an overwhelming nervousness. I'm not even particularly worried about the distance. More than anything else, I'm worried about what I'm going to do when I finish the marathon.
What's next?
I've been running four days a week--often for hours on end--since October. Since Christmas time, I've had to schedule huge chunks of weekdays to running, both in freezing New York and beautiful New Orleans. I've finished a 10-mile run minutes before a test began.
In other words, I'm going to have some free time on my hands.
I'm not going to jinx myself by starting to think about my post-marathon schedule, in particular about any races or anything coming up. I'll stay focused on the one coming up in less than two weeks...
Useful links:
Donate to St. Bernard Parish
St. Bernard Project Info

No comments: